News:

Checkout my latest theme, Next - Available soon!

How many sections does your forum have?

Started by Ravenfreak, Apr 11, 2019, 12:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravenfreak

How many sections does your forum have? How many do you think would be considered too much? Or how many do you consider to be too little? I think it all comes down to the niche of the forum, but I think all forums should have at least a section to promote updates and news, as well as a introduction area for members to introduce themselves and a suggestions area so members can help give tips to administrators to make improvements on their forums. I currently don't have any active forums, but I would typically have at least three categories depending on the niche of the project I was working on. General chat forums typically should have at least 5 or 6 sections IMO, because there's lots of content that could be added to the forum. A gaming forum for example, might only have 3 or 4 especially if it's only based around one specific game or console.

Bundi

I suppose it would depend on what niche the forum was aimed at?

Most forums, especially new forums tend to have too many sections when first starting out and i believe this puts of potential members from registering.

I do agree though that forums should have a place to introduce yourself, and a place for general discussions for members to have a chat about whatever they like. 

RunBB

I agree, you should limit the amount of boards/forums especially on new forums.

A forum with lots of empty boards doesn't look attractive to anyone.