News:

Checkout my latest theme, Next - Available soon!

Dealing with Troublesome Members

Started by Ravenfreak, Apr 05, 2019, 05:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravenfreak

How have you dealt with troublesome members on your forum? Did you give them a warning, suspensions or just out right banned them? Have you ever had some troublesome members? I personally had a staff member go rogue. I shouldn't have promoted her as quick as I did, I made her an admin and she started changing my forum themes. I demoted her, and she wasn't too happy about it. xD I'll never make that mistake again! She even got upset and contacted the support forum that my forum was hosted on. They said there was nothing they could do for her.  ;D Another time on another forum I used to own, I accidentally forgot to change the account activation settings and there was some drama going on in the community so many members started joining the forum and spamming. I had to massive ban many accounts, and I fixed the account activation settings.

RunBB

Yeah promoting regular members to members of the staff should be considered carefully.

I personally would only consider members who have being active within the community and contributed for sometime before even considering a promotion, even then I would only allow moderation privileges until I was satisfied they could take on tasks such has supper mod or even admins.